About the Federici Studio Collection at PCCC

In addition to Federici’s public monuments and statues around the city, bronze and plaster sculptures are on exhibit at Passaic County Community College’s Hamilton Club. PCCC is the home for the Federici Studio Collection.

Shortly after Federici died in 1964, his studio collection was sold by his family to an old friend and admirer, Clifton contractor John Saveriana. In 1978, Saveriana sold the items to Joseph Randazzo, a collector, who later auctioned all 215 pieces. A group of Paterson residents formed the Federici Collection Inc. to acquire the collection, and the Martini Foundation bought it on their behalf and later donated it to the College.

The collection was designated in September 2000 as an Official Project of Save America’s Treasures, a partnership between the White House Millennium Council and the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Preserving this collection of more than 500 objects is an important means of celebrating the historic, artistic, and cultural heritage of Passaic County, New Jersey and the country.

Studio Workbench The Federici Studio Collection is part of the permanent art collection at PCCC. It includes models for some of Federici's more famous statues, including Father McNulty, and for a World War I memorial in Paterson.

The sculptor's studio was filled with plaster sculptures, molds, plaques, tools, furniture, photographs, and other memorabilia that is on view throughout the Hamilton Club.

Federici’s studio workshop has been recreated in a room on the third floor.

Tours, led by the gallery curator, are available for school and community groups and the general public. For more information. See the PCCC Art Galleries website for more information.




Selected Works from the Studio Collection

     
WWI
Gaetano's family visits the studio during the creation of the WWI statue
McBride
In the studio with plaster model of Andrew McBride.
McBride
McBride bronze at Paterson City Hall
Pulaski
Gaetano's son, Tony, models for the statue of General Casimir Pulaski. He was a general in the Continental Army and created the Pulaski Cavalry Legion and fought in several key battles in New Jersey.
Pulaski
Pulaski plaster model
Dublin
Dublin Spring Water-Boy plaster
study
Plaster head study of Dean McNulty
McLaughlin
Bishop McLaughlin at St. John's Cathedral
work in progress
Working on the plaster model for
the Bishop McLaughlin statue
Franklin
Working on a bust of Benjamin Franklin
Franklin
Plaster model of Franklin as displayed in the PCCC collection.
Franklin
Final bronze version of Franklin
Hamilton Club
Many smaller works are displayed in cases throughout the Hamilton Club.
Venus
Study for "Spirit of the Resurrection"
Venus
"Spirit of the Resurrection"
self-portrait
Self-Portrait 1926
Orsola
Orsola Federici
Painted by Gaetano around 1909
Hamiltons
Elizabeth and Alexander Hamilton
studies
Studies for the Christopher Columbus statue
Columbus
Plaster Columbus model
Columbus bronze
Final bronze of Columbus in Federici Park
Costello
Comedian Lou Costello visits the studio to see a bust being made of him.
Costello was born Louis Francis Cristillo on March 6, 1906, at 14 Madison St. in Paterson's Sandy Hill section.
Costello
Plaster bust of Lou Costello
class
Conducting a class in the studio
Studio Door
Federici’s studio workshop has been recreated in a room on the third floor of the Hamilton Club building. 
workbench
Workbench
workbench
Studio Views
studio studio 3 studio 4
dancer
"Girl Balancing Balls"
mold
Mold for casting of Gaetano and his wife

Casting of the Federicis
tools
Collection of Federici's tools displayed in the studio
Nike
Nike Winged Victory
Anthony
Anthony Federici
sketch
Sketch of "Ferdinand and Isabella"
sketch
Pencil sketch of Pulaski
unveiling
A Tribute to Arcangelo Corelli